If you are a Koh Chang business owner or manager, we invite you to join the Koh Chang Eco Business Program. Our easy eco-friendly tips below will help your business save energy and save money, while protecting Thailand’s natural resources.
Send us photos and details about your eco-friendly activities and we’ll promote your business for free on the EcoKohChang.com website, our media kits, and our press releases!
Koh Chang Eco Business Tips
How to Save Energy & Save Money
1) Turn off lights when not in use; use motion detectors for lighting; and use energy efficient lights such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
2) Use solar energy products to generate free electricity.
4) Make sure offices and retail spaces are well sealed and insulated to reduce air-conditioning costs. Use fans to reduce need for A/C.
5) Clean air-conditioners regularly to ensure maximum efficiency.
6) Turn off electrical equipment like computers and printers when not in use.
7) Place posters and signs around your business to remind staff to save energy and recycle.
How to Save Natural Resources & Our Environment
1) Recycle bottles, cans, plastics, cardboard, and paper.
2) Build with recycled materials and purchase tables and chairs manufactured from recycled materials.
3) Organize weekly cleaning efforts to ensure that the public areas around and near your business are kept clean and free of garbage.
4) Establish staff training programs on conserving energy, recycling, and other eco-friendly practices.
5) Establish regular checks to ensure that eco-practices are being followed.
6) If you own a retail store, search for products that you can sell which are made with recycled materials, are chemical free, and/or conserve energy.
7) Clean your business with chemical free soaps and detergents.
Have a suggestion that we didn’t include above? Tell us! We will feature your suggestion and your business at EcoKohChang.com.