Bars in Koh Chang can also help the island save energy and protect natural resources by joining the Koh Chang Eco Bar Program, which promotes energy conservation and recycling.
Joining the program is easy. Just follow our eco-friendly tips for your Koh Chang Bar and you will immediately start saving energy and money, while protecting the environment.
Send us photos and details about your eco-friendly activities and we’ll promote your bar for free on the EcoChang.com website, our media kits, and our press releases!
Koh Chang Eco Bar Tips
Thailand: How to Save Energy
1) Turn on lights only when needed, and replace old lights with energy efficient lights such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
2) Use solar garden lights outside your bar.
3) Unplug electric bar equipment like blenders when not in use.
4) Keep air-conditioners set at 25C and use fans to keep rooms feeling cooler.
5) Keep bar refrigerators full. A full refrigerator uses less electricity.
6) Use beer condoms to keep customers’ beer bottles cold.
Thailand: How to Save Natural Resources & the Environment
1) Purchase tables and chairs which have been built from recycled materials.
2) Recycle bottles, cans, and plastics.
3) Think up creative uses for empty beer and liquor bottles. For example, use them as vases and reuse them as drink mix containers.
4) Sell draft beer to reduce the number of empty, discarded beer bottles.
5) Use cotton bar towels instead of paper towels.
6) Use recycled coasters instead of paper bar napkins.
7) Wash glasses and other items with chemical free soaps and detergents.
8) Buy locally grown fruits, garnishes, and herbs whenever possible.
9) Compost garnish scraps. Citrus fruits take longer to compost than other food scraps, but if you cut them up they will compost faster.
10) Place straws in drinks only if they are asked for by the customer. Use reusable swizzle sticks.
11) Cut up wine corks to make bar items like beer coasters.
Have a suggestion that we didn’t include above? Tell us! We will feature your suggestion and your bar at EcoKohChang.com.